Wednesday 9 January 2013

Cheesecake update 1

So this weekend I made my first cheesecake of 2013 - here it is as it came out of the oven.

I took it into the office to test on my colleagues and sadly their concurred with mine. While the top layer, the cheesy bit, was pretty good, I am dismayed to report that what should have been the easy bit - the biscuit base - was a veritable disaster. I am afraid I had what the great Paul Hollywood would describe as a soggy bottom. A first for me. I still reeling from it. But demon baker Ellie has given me some very constructive advice and I am hoping this kind of rookie error can be avoided in the future. I am determined to get it right and will keep working on it until it is.

Brace yourselves for a lot more cheesecake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment